Thursday, September 15, 2011

Remember

Nehemiah 1:8-9

Remember…this has been my “word” for 2011.  We find it over and over in God’s Word.  Just had another birthday and my memory is no so good anymore. I find myself writing sticky notes and lists frequently.  God’s people did not remember so well way back and we also find it hard to keep God’s commands and promises in our heads and hearts. 

Nehemiah 1 :8-9 says:  “Remember the instruction…if you are unfaithful I will scatter you among the nations. BUT if you return to me and obey my commands…I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.” 

God always keeps His word.  Isaiah 46:8-9 also says; “Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart.  Remember the former things of long ago – I am God, there is no other.  I am God, and there is none like me.”

Remember – there is no other like God.
Remember – who He is and whose you are.
Remember – His promises and His past faithfulness.

The past is the key to the future.
Contributed by Barb Weeber

No comments:

Post a Comment