Thursday, September 22, 2011

Curious

                Sometimes in the Biblical narrative the Spirit of God inserts an interesting tidbit such as in Nehemiah 2:6, “Then the king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked me…” This little fact is thought provoking to me.  When Nehemiah made his petition to the king did the queen have something to say about the issue? Had she struck up a friendship with Nehemiah during his many years of service? As all good wives often do, had she offered her two cents worth to help her husband make a decision?
                I hope when we get to heaven that there will be a Bible class where we can ask God questions about His Word. I’ve got many theological questions to ask but I also am curious about non-theological things as well including one about this queen in Nehemiah’s story. Inquiring minds just want to know!

Contributed by Lucy Kolean

No comments:

Post a Comment