Monday, September 19, 2011

First

When reading Nehemiah 1-6 we learn about how Nehemiah led the Jewish people to rebuild the crumbled wall of Jerusalem.  It was a huge undertaking that no one person could ever accomplish.  The first thing Nehemiah did when he learned about the condition of Jerusalem was go to God in prayer.  (Nehemiah 1:4) When the king asked him why he looked so sad (2:4) he quickly prayed to God before giving his answer.  And the gracious hand of God was upon him in all that he did (2:8, 2:18).



We, too, face many challenges in life that to some may look impossible.  It is very important that we go to God first, before we do anything, and He will guide and direct us.  We may forget to first ask for God’s help and try to fix it on our own but we will fail.  God is always ready and waiting to hear our plea and give us the help we need. 



When my first husband died after being sick for only eleven weeks, I was brought down to the point of fear and uncertainty of what to do.  But when I asked God for His help, that I couldn’t possibly do it on my own, He stepped in and miraculously gave me peace and everything seemed to fall in place.  Since that time in my life, I have repeatedly seen God’s answered prayer in my life.  He continues to direct my paths. (Prov. 3:5 & 6)



Contributed by Carol Winslow

No comments:

Post a Comment