Monday, September 12, 2011

Prayer

It helps me to hear the people in the Bible pray. Nehemiah was so moved and deeply affected by the desolate condition of Jerusalem, and the defenseless state of the returned exiles, that he prayed for several days! I love hearing the words of his prayer. The way he spells out to the Lord, exactly what is going on, and what exactly he wants the Lord to do for him.  It is not just a general prayer about general things.  It is very specific, and prayed with faith believing that what he is asking of God, God will do!  And when God answers his prayer, the people will know that it was God who was on his side.
I want my prayers to be very specific and I want to give God the glory for the answers to those prayers.

Contributed by Melody Freckman

1 comment:

  1. So grateful for a God who cares and hears our prayers!

    ReplyDelete