Sunday, October 2, 2011

Myself

"I can do it all by myself!!!"

Many children have said this as they attempt to do things by themselves.  But that statement is not limited to children.  There are many times when I have said  this- or at least had this attitude.  After all, God has given me certain abilities and talents and I can figure this out by myself.

Nehemiah COULD have had this attitude.  But he was sensitive to the Lord and was willing to submit himself to the way the Lord told him to rebuild the walls.

Chapter 3 is hard to read and stay focused.  But when we realize that this was the Lord's way of rebuilding the walls, we can learn the lesson He has for us.  None of us was meant to do the "task" alone.  When we each do our part, the task gets done in record time or in an unusual way, all to the glory of God.

I can't do it by myself. We need each other.

Contributed by Karen Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment